As Assistant Director of Community Service in the Office of Student Engagement and Multicultural Affairs, I oversee a variety of civic engagement projects, advise three student programs and organizations, and generally manage any data related to Ithaca's involvement in service-related activities.
My mandate includes:
- Coordinating and overseeing OSEMA's Alternative Spring Break Program
- Coordinating and overseeing the Service Saturdays Program
- Serving on the MLK Campus-wide Celebration Committee
- Advising Diversity Peer Educators, Circle K International Club and United Way Philanthropy Corps
- Facilitating service-related workshops and discussions on campus
- Building IC's network of community partners
- Planning and managing other events, projects, and programs involving civic engagement
-To assist my colleagues in making the OSEMA office an awesome place for students to grow and have fun!
I have a BA in History from Kutztown University of Pennsylvania, completed two assignments in the Americorps National Service Program, and served two years as Assistant Director of Community Outreach at Union College in Schenectady, New York. I am currently working on a Masters degree in Public Administration
I am pleased to be a part of the Ithaca Community. The students at IC all possess the ability to make a positive impact locally, nationally, and globally. In addition, I appreciate the willingness of staff and faculty to work collaboratively as much as possible.