Dave oversees the ITS division of Enterprise Application Services whose staff are responsible for supporting the college’s main business and Web applications. EAS consists of four teams, who work together to address the needs of the campus community. The teams are:
- Application Systems
- Business Intelligence
- Database and Application Administration
- Web and eMedia Development
Some of the services EAS supports includes:
- Parnassus (HR and Financial System - Oracle)
- Homer (Student Information System - Banner)
- Advance (Development System - Sungard),
- Blackboard (Course Management System),
- myIthaca (Prospective Student Portal)
- myHome (Campus Portal)
- WWW (College’s Primary Web Site)
- ACE / ARGUS (Business Intelligence Reporting)
Over the years Dave has been involved in numerous aspects of technology services, including student and faculty support, policy development and enforcement, Web development and system administration, vendor relationships and campus-wide technology planning. In addition, back in 1988 Dave was instrumental in establishing the college's Educational Technology Day, a regional technology show that over 1,600 people attend annually and is still running strong.
Dave has a bachelor’s degree in computer science, and a master’s degree in communications. He is also active in EDUCAUSE, and is an EDUCAUSE Class of 2003 Frye Leadership Institute graduate.