Welcome to Career Services!
Whether establishing a major, developing career direction, exploring future goals, looking for a job or internship or considering graduate studies, we are here to assist you. Career Services has staff members that are dedicated to providing the best resources possible to both help you explore and make the connections you need. We are committed to providing personalized services to help you achieve your goals. It was once said;
"The best way to predict your future is to create it" …unknown.
Let us help shape your future as you begin your career journey!
A synopsis of my experience and education includes:
- Director of Career Services, Ithaca College 1993-present
- Assistant Director of Career Services, Ithaca College 1989-1993
- Graduate Assistant Career Services, Ohio University 1986-1989
- Director of Student Activities, Briar Cliff College 1982-1986
- Resident Director, Gannon University 1980-1982
Professional Association Memberships ACPA, NACE, EACE, NCDA, AAEE, NAPLA, CNYCDA
Leadership in professional associations:
- ACPA Commission for Career Development Directorate 1992-1995, 2006-2009
- ACPA Convention Placement Team Coordinator 1992-2009
- ACPA Convention Commission for Career Development Program Review Committee 2008-2009
- Central New York Career Development Association Events Chair 2010-Present
- Central New York Teacher Recruitment Day Consortium Chair 2006-2009
- Central New York Career Development Association President 2007-2009 2012-Present
- NACE, National Association of Colleges and Employers Program Review Committee 2008-2009
- Ohio University Student Personnel Association, Founder and President 1987
- New York Career Directors Summit Co-founder 2007, 2008
American College Personnel Association
- Commission for Career Development Oustanding Program Award 2010
- Educational Leadership Foundation Diamond Honoree Recipient 2008
- Outstanding Program Award from the Commission for Career Development 2007
- Distinguished Service to the Commission for Career Development Award 2006
- Ithaca College Alumni Association Board of Directors Volunteer Service Award 2005
- Standing Committee for Graduate Students Outstanding Mentor Award 2005
- Commission for Career Development Outstanding Service Award 2000
- ALANA Community "You Make a Difference" for exceptional service and commitment to working with diverse student and Alumni 2010
- Alumni Association Board of Directors Volunteer Serivce Award 2005
- IC Choice Award for distinguished service to Ithaca College 2000
- Presidential Recognition Award/ for Service to Ithaca College 1998
- Society for Human Resource Management of Tompkins County, Ithaca, NY 2013 21st Century Skills, Work Readiness and Skills Gap: What is All the Fuss?
- Eastern Association of Colleges and Employers, Portland, ME 2012 Why is my 'Crazy Director' asking me to do these things?: Effectively serving students while balancing the ever changing landscape of career services in higher education today
- Eastern Association of Colleges and Employers, Portland, ME 2012 Moving On Up: Aspiring to Leadership
- State University of New York Career Development Organization, Watkins Glenn, 2009, How to Expand the Revenue Flow for Career Centers by Incorporating Development and Fundraising Practices
- American College Personnel Association, Washington DC 2009, Encouraging Digital Citizenship
- Virginia College Personnel Association, Job Search Boot Camp, 2007, Gearing up for a National Job Search
- College Student Personnel Association of New York, 2004, Strategies for Managing and Motivating Staff
- National Association of Campus Activities, Cornell University, Ithaca NY, 1996, Developing an Effective Career Plan Involving Your Leadership Experience
- Eastern Association of Colleges and Employers Regional Workshop, Ithaca College, Ithaca NY, 1996, Developing an Effective Peer Advisor Programs
- American College Personnel Association, Boston, MA, 1995, We ESCAPED and So Can You!
- State University of New York Career Development Organization, Oneonta NY & Syracuse NY, 1991 & 1999 Model Peer Assistance Programs in Career Services Offices
Doctoral Candidate in College Student Personnel, ABD, Ohio University, Athens OH, 1989
Dissertation: Characteristics, Career Patterns and Job Satisfaction of Middle Managers in Student Affairs at Four Year Public Colleges and Universities.
Master of Science, Counseling/Student Personnel Administration, Gannon University, Erie PA, 1982
Bachelor of Science, Mental Health Counseling, Gannon University, Erie PA, 1981