As part of the Office of Marketing Communications, I work collaboratively with the School of Music to coordinate the School’s marketing and communications needs. I design and implement strategies that are in line with the College’s brand, as well as oversee and develop events, projects, publications, web content and e-communications to promote the School to prospective students, alumni, donors, the campus community, and general public.
My primary responsibilities include:
- Provide marketing communications support for the School of Music in consultation with the Office of Marketing Communications.
- Develop and execute an annual marketing communications plan for the School of Music programs, supporting it with professional services such as writing, publications, special events, media relations coordination, and promotions.
- Work with the Office of Marketing Communications Media Relations staff to ensure consistent and appropriate messaging, publicity and communication for School of Music programs and events and faculty, staff and student accomplishments.
- Serve as a source to Media Relations and Communication staff for faculty experts and story ideas by sharing news and opportunities uncovered through work within the School of Music.
- Serve as a regular member of the web communications team to maintain and develop content for School of Music web sites.
- Coordinate recruitment and yield activities within the School to include overseeing the preparation of recruitment and yield materials, including letters and publications, and School communication with accepted students.
- Work in consultation with the Director of Music Admissions on special admission events, summer and graduate programs.