As part of the Office of Marketing Communications, I work collaboratively with the School of Music to coordinate the School’s marketing and communications needs. I design and implement strategies that are in line with the College’s brand, as well as oversee and develop events, projects, publications, web content and e-communications to promote the School to prospective students, alumni, donors, the campus community, and general public.
My primary responsibilities include:
- Provide marketing communications support for the School of Music in consultation with the Office of Marketing Communications.
- Develop and execute an annual marketing communications plan for the School of Music programs, supporting it with professional services such as writing, publications, special events & media relations coordination, and promotions.
- Work with the Office of Marketing Communications Media Relations staff to ensure on-brand, consistent and appropriate messaging, publicity and communication for School of Music programs and events and faculty, staff and student accomplishments.
- Serve as a source to Media Relations and Communication staff for faculty experts and story ideas by sharing news and opportunities uncovered through work within the School of Music.
- Serve as a regular member of the web communications team to maintain and develop content for School of Music web sites and social media channels.
- Coordinate recruitment and yield activities within the School to include overseeing the preparation of recruitment and yield materials, including letters and publications, and School communication with accepted students.
- Work in consultation with the Director of Music Admissions on special admission events, summer and graduate programs.