As the Assistant Director for Alumni and Employer Relations in the Office of Career Services, my responsibilities include: engaging employers and alumni in their campus recruiting efforts, managing the marketing team and providing career counseling services. I coordinate programs such as the fall on-campus Job & Internship Fair, job-shadow programs and the Making a Living While Making a Difference Panel in addition to my work with Network Nights, Career & Internship Connections and the CNY Communications Consortium.
My current involvement with the campus community includes my participation in the following:
- FYRE Staff Associate
- Professional Women's Advisory Group, Co-Leader
- Mental Health Response Team (MHRT)
- Staff Council
- Staff Justice for conduct review boards
I make connections with colleagues, employers and alumni through my involvement with the following off-campus organizations:
- Leadership Tompkins Advisory Board, Chair
- Eastern Association of Colleges and Employers (EACE): Professional Exchange Committee Co-Chair (June 2011- August 2013), Road Trips to the Real World Committee
- National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE)
- Tompkins County Chamber of Commerce
- Ithaca Youth Bureau's College Discovery Program Advisory Board
- State Theatre Volunteers
After graduating from Ithaca College (Sociology '98), I spent five years working with a grassroots advocacy campaign before pursuing my Master of Science degree in Higher Education from Syracuse University. I then spent two years as an Assistant Director of Admission before transitioning to my current position in Career Services.