As a member of the Office of Marketing Communications team, I serve as an account manager for the Roy H. Park School of Communications. I work closely with the deans, faculty, staff, and students to coordinate the school’s marketing and communications needs by designing and implementing strategies that are in line with the Ithaca College brand. I manage and develop events, projects, and publications that promote the school to prospective students, alumni, donors, the campus community, and general public.
My primary responsibilities include:
- Providing marketing communications consultation within the Roy H. Park School of Communications in support of the deans, faculty, staff, and students.
- Developing an annual marketing communications plan for the Park School to include measurable goals to increase visibility with specific audiences, a timeline, budget, and mechanism for evaluation.
- Executing Park School programs such as the Park Distinguished Visitor Series, Jessica Savitch Distinguished Journalism Lecture Series, and Rod Serling Conference.
- Implementing and coordinating the Park School's social media presence.
- Leading and supervising the Park Design House, a group of student designers, public relations specialists and event planners.
- Assisting with the coordination of recruitment and yield activities within the school.
- Participating in overall college marketing communications planning and contributing to an integrated marketing effort by sharing news and opportunities uncovered through work within the Park School. Serving as a source to media relations for faculty expert and story ideas.
- Developing and maintaining content for Park School web profiles. Serving as a resource to and provide support for departments and faculty in the development of web profiles.
- Advising on use of paid advertising to support the school.