As part of the Office of Marketing Communications, I lead the Client Marketing Services group and assist staff with the development and execution of marketing strategies for the five academic schools, sports information, as well as select administrative units within Ithaca College. I work with deans and/or vice presidents, associate deans, faculty, and staff to determine his/her clients’ marketing and communications needs; assists the Associate Vice President to execute campus-wide marketing strategies and advertising campaigns, and coordinate communication between the marketing communications staff. I also work closely with the undergraduate and graduate recruitment marketing teams to coordinate efforts between the schools and the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
My primary responsibilities include:
- Providing overall leadership and direction to the Client Marketing Services group within the Office of Marketing Communications, maintaining and further expanding the culture of high standards for customer service. Provide ongoing marketing communications consultation to assigned schools and offices.
- In consultation with each MCM, their dean’s staff, the AVP for Marketing Communications and the VP for Enrollment and Communication, assist with the development and execution of an annual marketing communications plan for each school. This plan is an extension of the college-wide Institutional Strategic Marketing Plan, in more detail for the school-level and we work together to execute the plans.
- Attend client events and programs, getting to know the clients’ needs, strengths, assets, and personnel.
- Participate in overall marketing communications planning, and contribute to an integrated marketing effort by sharing news and opportunities uncovered through work with client schools and offices.
- Assist the AVP in the planning and execution of projects that impact the College’s overall marketing efforts. This can include coordinating activities across schools and campus offices, contracting with vendors, and coordinating production efforts.
- Coordinate communication between the Client Marketing Services team and the other units within marketing communications. Ensure that information is being shared in an effective, efficient, and timely manner.
- Lead the Sports Information team to ensure our twenty-six Division III athletic teams are well supported and covered, human interest stories are pitched to appropriate media, accurate records are kept, and strong relations are developed and maintained with all athletics staff.
- Serve as lead trainer and point of contact for the campus community for the College’s Licensing and Trademark Enforcement Program.
- Serve as an account manager for select clients on campus, assisting them with all marketing communications needs.
Additionally, I continue to manage the marketing and communications efforts for the Division of Legal Affairs and several departments and offices across campus.